walkswithcoyote (
walkswithcoyote) wrote in
fandomtownies2012-11-23 08:25 am
Entry tags:
Inks and Holes : Friday [11-23-12
Today was the day. Well, Tuesday was supposed to have been the day since she turned 18 that day, but the mun had a brain sprain Mercy had decided that maybe getting a tattoo a day and a half before she went home for Thanksgiving dinner might not be the smartest move. Her mother saw everything. And given that she managed to wiggle out of most family get-togethers, her mother wasn't letting her miss one that also would cover her birthday.
Not that she'd told anyone here it had been her birthday - in fact she was taking Cade's advice and wearing a nice tight shirt in the hopes that she wouldn't be asked to show ID. If she did, well, she could explain about it having been her birthday then.
She was nervous, but mostly glad that both Cade and Yeul had said they'd come along with her.
[For the two joining Mercy, but open should anyone have a desire for a tattoo or piercing today!]
Not that she'd told anyone here it had been her birthday - in fact she was taking Cade's advice and wearing a nice tight shirt in the hopes that she wouldn't be asked to show ID. If she did, well, she could explain about it having been her birthday then.
She was nervous, but mostly glad that both Cade and Yeul had said they'd come along with her.
[For the two joining Mercy, but open should anyone have a desire for a tattoo or piercing today!]

no subject
"Are you more excited or nervous?" she asked. "From what you have said, it's a big step."
no subject
She smiled at the other girl. "Did you do Thanksgiving or anything yesterday? I went home to my mom's and I know she knew something was up, so I was really glad I'd decided to wait till today. Though I'll probably get a call tonight and she'll three-name me and demand to know what I did."
no subject
Yeul shrugged slightly. "Evan and I
handwavilyhung out. I had promised to keep him company as he had been feeling rather blue about not being home for the holiday."no subject
She started to say that she was of age now, but cut herself short.
"And, by then it will be a done deal anyway."
She nodded. "I'm glad you got to spend time with him then."
no subject
It had worked out for the both of them!
“I suppose you’re right,” she added, laughing softly. “It is difficult to decide that a tattoo should no longer be there, isn’t it? It’s not something your mother can just insist you wash off or change out of.”
no subject
no subject
Her gaze drifted over to the walls. "Is such a variety of options customary in this sort of place?" It was impressive.
no subject
no subject
no subject
She put her hand down low on her abdomen, covering where the pawprint would lie. "It's supposed to be a sort of spiritual energy center for your body, so I thought putting it there would remind me that my coyote self is an important part of my spiritual center - even if no one but me knows."
no subject
no subject
no subject
Right. Mercy! Oops?
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Mercy glanced over at Cade. "Anything I should be asking?"
no subject
He had no problem using his aura of complete scariness for good occasionally.
no subject
Mercy stepped up a little closer, pulling out a picture she'd printed off. "I want a coyote pawprint, just like this, on my lower abdomen - right under my belly button."
The guy looked at the drawing and nodded, asking a few more questions, and making a suggestion or two about color or shading before going off to make a final drawing and a transfer.
Mercy looked over at Cade. "Sound okay to you? My gut says it is, but you're the expert."
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
It didn't take too long for the guy to come back and for the paperwork to be signed. Which meant that before she knew it Mercy was in the chair, shirt hiked up and pants hiked down as the man started the process. It took both less time than she'd imagined and more time than she'd hoped to get it done, but she thought she'd managed to restrain the twitching pretty darn well.
Finally the man finished and wiped it down and she was able to get a look at it.
"Nice," she whispered, feeling unaccountable a little teary as if it had really been a magical ritual the way she'd kind of imagined it.
She looked over at her friends. "So, what do you think?"
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Cade, don't be a pain.
no subject