http://first-guardian.livejournal.com/ ([identity profile] first-guardian.livejournal.com) wrote in [community profile] fandomtownies2008-10-06 04:55 pm

The Perk - Afternoon

Ichigo wasn't hiding out. That was just stupid. He was just hiding out avoiding going back through the lobby in case someone tried to talk him into that homecoming madness again. No one in particular, really. Nope. And there was nothing shameful about avoiding a messy situation. He might have been overreacting, but if there was one thing he learned about the girls at Fandom, it was that you could never be too careful.

So he was sitting at a table in the Perk, nursing a hot chocolate and reading a book on the afterlife in different cultures. No reason for that either.

[So very open.]

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Hinata still had class later that afternoon, but she had plenty of time for the moment and had been feeling like something sweet and warm. She bobbed her head in greeting. "Kurosaki-san," she said, smiling slightly, before placing her order for a hot chocolate.

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:26 pm (UTC)(link)
"Alchemy still, for l-last period," she admitted, obtaining her hot chocolate with a murmured thank you, "but I have t-time enough to s-spend before I'm r-required there. And y-you? Taking it easy t-today?"

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:31 pm (UTC)(link)
"Y-You find Physics d-difficult?" she wondered, smiling at the invitation and taking a seat.

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:34 pm (UTC)(link)
That got a bit of a smile. "It d-depends too, I w-would imagine, on the m-material that is c-covered? Some of i-it is easier than other parts."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:37 pm (UTC)(link)
That got a soft laugh. "A-Are you good at i-it?"

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 03:49 pm (UTC)(link)
"I've n-never tried," she admitted. "So I w-wouldn't know if it was d-difficult or not."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:02 pm (UTC)(link)
She blew lightly on her hot chocolate, waiting for it to cool slightly. "I c-could," she conceded, with an inquiring glance at him.

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:10 pm (UTC)(link)
"T-Thank you," she said, taking a careful sip of her drink. "I would l-like that, and t-they say that one w-way to g-get better at s-something is to t-teach it..."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:15 pm (UTC)(link)
"Y-You know the rules," she said, smiling at that. "Y-You've said you a-are not bad at it. I a-am sure it w-will be fine enough."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:27 pm (UTC)(link)
"It's a l-lot of things," she admitted, eyebrows drawing together slightly, "i-it's the hardest c-class I've had s-since coming here, h-honestly."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:32 pm (UTC)(link)
She considered it. "I do not d-dislike it," she mused, "b-but it's n-not a subject I c-can see being u-useful outside of the c-classroom and that d-does dampen my opinion a b-bit. It's i-interesting, but irrelevant."
Edited 2008-10-06 16:33 (UTC)

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 04:46 pm (UTC)(link)
"True enough," she conceded, "b-but I would rather be a-able to prove that k-knowing them is u-useful, whether as a h-hobby or in the l-line of duty."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 05:38 pm (UTC)(link)
"P-Potentially useful," she said, flushing at correcting him.

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 07:04 pm (UTC)(link)
She nodded. "W-What have you been u-up to, besides pool?"

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 07:33 pm (UTC)(link)
That got a laugh. "N-No offense," she said lightly, "b-but I would b-bet on Ino-san w-winning."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 07:38 pm (UTC)(link)
That got a slight shrug, as she didn't really know him well enough to say otherwise.

"Ino-san loves a c-challenge."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 07:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Her own hot chocolate was cool enough by now to drink. She took a long sip of it before shaking her head. "I've b-been busy with o-other things to t-think of it."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 08:24 pm (UTC)(link)
"P-Practicing my l-lines," she admitted. "Y-Yei doesn't m-make such a good audience t-though because she w-won't care how m-many times I mess up. A-And it's hard to be intimidated b-by a kitten the w-way a c-crowd would."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 08:45 pm (UTC)(link)
That got a bit of a rueful laugh. "G-Geoffrey-san talked me into i-it," she admitted. "He s-said it'd be good for m-my confidence, but n-now I'm j-just worried that I'll m-mess up when the p-production goes l-live."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 09:01 pm (UTC)(link)
"It's n-not so easy," she said, "w-when you've b-been trained t-to notice when t-they are. I d-do like it, at l-least the l-learning of lines and w-working with Geoffrey-san."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 11:33 pm (UTC)(link)
She flushed a bit.. "You've n-never seen me try."

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 11:37 pm (UTC)(link)
She gave him a look of horror. "R-Right now?"

[identity profile] shyest-eyes.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 11:43 pm (UTC)(link)
That got her to relax a bit. "I w-will then," once she'd had the time to prepare herself for it, "as l-long as it's n-not a bother."