Prompto Argentum (
hashtag_chocobro) wrote in
fandomtownies2019-07-13 09:00 am
Entry tags:
Fast Eddie's; Saturday Afternoon (Daytime) [07/13].
This week? Was driving Prompto crazy. Truth be told, this whole summer was making him crazy, and every day was like a new roller coaster of anxiety and pent up energy and horrible crippling fear, and it was reaching a point where he wasn't sure if he could take it anymore. But there wasn't much he could do about it outside of just hitching a portal back to Insomnia, but, what? What he going to do that every single time?
Well, he could, but he'd feel pretty shitty about.
But what else could he do? Something fun, something silly, something that could be done in the daytime hours before the sirens but that wasn't necessarily outside that would remind them of everything, but wasn't in the dorms, either, because he was feeling a little closed in and trapped and claustrophobic about the place this week...
Then he had an idea, and it was pretty dumb and dorky and kind of lame, but (spoiler alert!) HE was pretty dumb and dorky and kind of lame (SHOCKER, right?), so it worked, and he hit up the emails and the texts to his fellow students:
S'up, everyone!
I don't know about you guys, but this week is feeling all KINDS of BLAH for me, so I got to thinking: I'm gonna do something about it! Kind of. I'm talking Fast Eddie's, pizza, bowling, arcade games, BOOM. Something that's decidedly NOT all doom and gloom and creepy monsters. And early, so the people who need to can get back well before the sirens go off again, and everyone else? Bring your weapons, we can have, like, a super raid party on the way back!!!
Anyway, I'm going to be there either way. Hopefully you'll all be there, too! DON'T MAKE ME EAT ALL THIS PIZZA BY MYSELF!!!
--Prompto!!
And, as the message said, he was there, either way, getting in a few warm-up practice shots before too many people showed up (assuming anyone even will, but, whatever, he was going to have fun and a million leftovers if no one did!), wrinkling his nose at the bowling shoes because he sort of like them for how weird the color combos were, but, man, did they make his ankles look small when he was used to wearing boots all the time!
[[ work is pretty chill this morning and I'm bored af (famous last words!), plus a couple of bottles thrown into the recycling bin sounded like bowling pins to me, so here we are! Invitations went out to all students, but it's a public place, so come on in, anybody! No OCD because that would take me a million years; let chaos reign, I guess! woo! ]]
Well, he could, but he'd feel pretty shitty about.
But what else could he do? Something fun, something silly, something that could be done in the daytime hours before the sirens but that wasn't necessarily outside that would remind them of everything, but wasn't in the dorms, either, because he was feeling a little closed in and trapped and claustrophobic about the place this week...
Then he had an idea, and it was pretty dumb and dorky and kind of lame, but (spoiler alert!) HE was pretty dumb and dorky and kind of lame (SHOCKER, right?), so it worked, and he hit up the emails and the texts to his fellow students:
S'up, everyone!
I don't know about you guys, but this week is feeling all KINDS of BLAH for me, so I got to thinking: I'm gonna do something about it! Kind of. I'm talking Fast Eddie's, pizza, bowling, arcade games, BOOM. Something that's decidedly NOT all doom and gloom and creepy monsters. And early, so the people who need to can get back well before the sirens go off again, and everyone else? Bring your weapons, we can have, like, a super raid party on the way back!!!
Anyway, I'm going to be there either way. Hopefully you'll all be there, too! DON'T MAKE ME EAT ALL THIS PIZZA BY MYSELF!!!
--Prompto!!
And, as the message said, he was there, either way, getting in a few warm-up practice shots before too many people showed up (assuming anyone even will, but, whatever, he was going to have fun and a million leftovers if no one did!), wrinkling his nose at the bowling shoes because he sort of like them for how weird the color combos were, but, man, did they make his ankles look small when he was used to wearing boots all the time!
[[ work is pretty chill this morning and I'm bored af (famous last words!), plus a couple of bottles thrown into the recycling bin sounded like bowling pins to me, so here we are! Invitations went out to all students, but it's a public place, so come on in, anybody! No OCD because that would take me a million years; let chaos reign, I guess! woo! ]]

no subject
Lights and noise and joyful chaos and the smell of sweat and stale beer - her sort of place.
Barnabas trailed along, keeping a careful eye on her. She seemed more put together than usual today but he knew just exactly how fast that could change.
Del smiled and wandered through the place. Stopping to watch an epic galactic shoot-out at one game cabinet, brushing her hands against a skee-ball machine and making it vomit hundreds of prize tickets the next minute. Didn't realize what she'd done, she was already distracted by the taller boy with the crazy blonde hair.
She just kind of.. grinned up at it. She loved it. It was nuts. Fluffy and spikey and all over like an edgy dandelion clock.
no subject
He grinned when he saw Delirium there, grinned even more when he spotted Barnabas with her, and decided to abandoned his unfortunate 7-10 split for now to bounce over and play Good Host and just be glad that he wouldn't be the only one here.
"Hey!" he greeted her eagerly. "Sweet! Someone else to eat all this pizza!"
And then he noticed all those tickets still spewing out of the machine. "Whoa," he said. "I don't even know how to play that game, but you've got to show me what you did to get all those!"
no subject
She blinked and looked over at the machine spewing tickets and made a small 'oops' noise. "I, um. I oopsed. That's an oops. I wasn't playing it, I was just saying hello to it and. Um. It's.. saying hi back. Really loud." Beat. "Sorry?" That's what you said when something was an oops, right?
Barnabas cleared his throat and nudged her with his nose. "New person?" he prompted.
..Heh.
"Oh!" she said after a minute and then beamed at him because hey she was getting good at this part, "I'm Delirium. It's very nice to meet you. This is Barnabas." Beat. "He's a dog-shaped person."
"I am," Barnabas said with dignity, "a dog, Delirium."
"But you're a people," she insisted, "You are definitely a people. I don't have many facts but I have that fact, it's mine, so there."
no subject
The wealth was just boggling, really! And as sweet as it would be to see her get to redeem them all for maybe three small penny candies, there was the matter of the fact that she'd complimented his hair (which had come with no small amount of preening) and there was a talking dog here, as well.
"And thanks," he added, turning maybe a little pink and fighting down the urge to run a hand through said hair because that would pretty much ruin it, it took so long to get it to look so perfectly fluffy and nice. "Though, now I have to ask, if you're a fan of the hair...what....would you think about a beard?"
And his chin, at least, he could stroke thoughtfully without messing anything up before his smirk went down toward the dog. "And it's nice to meet you guys, too. I'm Prompto. And, I don't know, though. Being a person's nice, but being a dog is so much better, and I can say that from personal experience."
Of course, just coming off of being a dog, he was incredibly happy to be a person again, but being a person lately? Nope. No way. Nuh-uh. Let's go back to puppy time again.
no subject
"Spiders are nice," Del said a little absently, "They make pretty webs that get all shimmery and sparkly when the dew mists over them and they make little rainbows on the sidewalk when the sun comes out again and the spiders make neat little musics when they crawl back over the web to check it, plucking the strands like harp strings and sometimes taking a drink of a tiny bead of water on their web."
Beat. "But someone else might like the tickets more." She smiled up at his hair and then examined his face. "Would the beard be as fluffy as your hair or would it be a boring beard that hangs only downward like most people have?" Sorry, Kanan. Your chinbeard was boring but don't ever shave, you look twelve and that was just wrong.
"Being a person's nice," Delirium agreed, "I do that sometimes." She looked down at her hands and examined them, "Like now. I'm a person right now. Sometimes I'm not. I've never tried being a doggy before.." Her voice trailed off speculatively.
"No, Delirium," Barnabas said gently, "You'd be bored being a dog, they see things in black and white." "Oh," Delirium said and shook her head, "Yes, no, I couldn't do that. How would I see everything if I only had two colors?" Beat and a smile. "You were a dog? A real dog or a dog-shaped person like Barnabas?"
"I am," Barnabas sighed again and repeated, "a dog."
no subject
And the smile lingered a little as his hand moved over his cheek a little to imagine not dew-dappled spiderwebs but instead a big fluffy wilderness kind of beard, and he chuckled to think of what the girls would have to say about that approach instead. "Nothing too crazy," he admitted. "Probably definitely boring, but I think I'd make it a little more interesting. Just a little something, just a patch, on the chin...."
So, yeah. Basically Kanan's beard, as a matter of fact. And Tai Xiao Long! Technically, Papa Long got top billing for inspiration, really; Jarrus was just the whole reason he was even still thinking about it.
"But," he allowed once he moved onto the next thought, "I think, technically, I was just a dog-shaped person, because I was still me, just, you know, a puppy. Like what this island does to people sometimes, turning them into animals. Still Prompto," his hand went to his chest, "who is a....errr...." His brain hitched a little, face going a little red, and he quickly had to nudge himself with still a person, buddy, you're not NOT a person, dude, but still unable to really justify it in his own head, it finally stumbled out with a caveat, "person, technically," and he laughed, hoping that didn't sound as awkward as it felt, "but for about two weeks, I was definitely dog-shaped, and it was awesome. I couldn't talk like you can, though, little buddy, that would have made things, like, super better."
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
She arrived and looked around for Prompto, waving as she spotted him.
no subject
Which, you had to admit, had a pretty good ring to it, riiiiiight??
no subject
no subject
This coming from someone wearing leopard-print skinny jeans, Lana! Leopard-print. Skinny jeans!
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
Also she'd never been here, never been to an arcade type place, and she was already trying to figure out what everything was.
no subject
Not to say, of course, that hte absolute terror wasn't there, but people fighting with you made anything seem possible.
"Ohmygod," he grined, "you are going to hate these shoes."
no subject
She did not know what bowling was, really.
no subject
As he said it outloud, though, a thought occurred to him. "Unless," he said, "I am literally the most gullible person on this planet..."
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
no subject
"Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe. Can we put those bumper-things in the bowling lane and do crazy bowling? Please?"
no subject
And Prompto, chuckling, didn't think he'd ever get tired of being glomped by Yang pretty much ever, nor did he think he would ever not blush furiously when being glomped, either. "Hey," he said, leaning into said glomp, "I'm still fairly new to just regular bowling, remember. What are these bumper-things and what is crazy bowling, and, duh, obviously we can do that."
He hoped. If it was clearly a thing, then why not? Even if they didn't have the stuff for it here or whatever, he would make it work. Somehow.
no subject
no subject
"Normal bowling," he stated, "is just throwing....rolling, really," don't look at him like you're ready to yell at him about that again, STAFF PERSON!, "the ball down the lane to get the pins and that's it, so your way sounds way better, and I am so going too see about those bumper things."
...right after another kiss...
...and then maybe one more...
....whhhaaaaaatttt??
no subject
Sure, she was a Huntress-in-training, but a girl couldn't always be training.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)